Criteria for selecting Global Midwest funded projects
(These criteria are in addition to the expectation that all eligibility requirements have been met by the applicants)
General Guideline: Overall, the committee should aim for a fairly even distribution of funding awards across the consortial institutions if at all possible.
- Overall excellence of the proposed research project
- Productivity track-record of the applicants (how likely are they to produce outcomes within the grant period or a reasonable period thereafter?)
- Is the work plan realistic/practical/realizable within the time frame of the grant?
- Is the budget carefully constructed and reasonable for the proposed work?
- Do the qualifications of the applicants match the proposed work to be conducted?
- Does the proposed project rely on cross-institutional collaboration, or could this project be conducted without consortial collaboration?
- Does the proposed project demonstrate innovative methods of research that are specific to the collaborative nature of this initiative?
- Are the proposed outcomes realistically formulated, and are they of demonstrable impact? Is the intellectual contribution of clear significance?