Files in this item
|Title:||The International Relations Office, 1956—1972|
|Author(s):||Dalton, Margaret Stieg|
|Subject(s):||Libraries and society
American Library Association. International Relations Office.
|Abstract:||The second International Relations Office of the American Library Association was established in 1956 with a grant from the Rockefeller Foundation. Its directors advised the association, foundations, United States government, and individual librarians who were involved in programs of technical assistance and other international activities. The office closed in 1972 when its final Agency for International Development (AID) contract was terminated. This article discusses its establishment, its directors, its activities, and its demise.|
|Publisher:||Johns Hopkins University Press and the Graduate School of Library and Information Science. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.|
|Citation Info:||In Library Trends 55 (3) Winter 2007: 609–622.|
|Publication Status:||published or submitted for publication|
|Rights Information:||Copyright 2007 Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois.|
|Date Available in IDEALS:||2008-02-28|
This item appears in the following Collection(s)
Library Trends 55 (3) Winter 2007: Libraries in Times of War, Revolution, and Social Change
Library Trends 55 (3) Winter 2007: Libraries in Times of War, Revolution, and Social Change. Edited by W. Boyd Rayward and Christine Jenkins.