Dept. of Ceramics Engineering (1905-1989)


In 1905, the Department of Ceramics was created, with a curriculum devoted to study and research in the technology of clay wares. It was renamed the Department of Ceramic Engineering in 1915 and was transferred to the College of Engineering. In February 1989, the Departments of Metallurgy and Mining Engineering and Ceramic Engineering were merged to form the Department of Materials Science and Engineering.

Browse Collections of Items

Recent AdditionsRSS feed

Community Statistics