Dept. of Dairy Science (1902-1984)


The establishment of a dairy at the University of Illinois was first recommended in 1876 in the Head Farmer's report. In 1902, Dairy Husbandry was recognized as an independent department under the College of Agriculture. The Department of Dairy Husbandry became the Department of Dairy Production in 1947. In 1949, the name of the Department was changed again and became the Dairy Science Department. In 1985, the department merged into the Animal Science Department.

From the University Archives.

Browse Collections of Items

Recent AdditionsRSS feed

Community Statistics