1965: Proceedings of the 1965 Clinic on Library Applications of Data Processing
3rd Clinic on Library Applications of Data Processing (1965). Edited by Frances B. Jenkins
This volume presents the papers given at the third Clinic on Library Applications of Data Processing which was held in the Illini Union Building, on the University of Illinois campus, on April 25-28, 1965 and was sponsored by the University of Illinois Graduate School of Library Science in cooperation with the Division of University Extension.
The complete text of the proceedings is available here as well as the individual papers. The papers included here are:
- The present state of library automation - C. Dake Gull
- The data processing program in operation at the Suffolk Cooperative Library System, Patchogue, New York - Walter W. Curley
- 870 Document writing system of IBM Corporation in the Library Section, Los Angeles City Schools - Mary Seely Dodendorf
- Bro-Dart Industries' experience with electronic data processing - Arthur Brody
- How to design data processing input records for optimum results - John P. Kennedy
- Florida Atlantic University Library - Edward Heiliger
- The ONULP bibliographic control system: An evaluation - Ritvars Bregzis
- Computer indexing of the presidential papers in the Library of Congress - George R. Perreault
- Library applications of data processing equipment at Abbott Laboratories - Walter A. Southern
- Data processing equipment and the library - William E. Greiner
- Library applications of data processing: A selected bibliography, 1963-64 - James Krikelas
The Proceedings of the Clinic on Library Applications of Data Processing have been digitized through the Open Content Alliance at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
(Graduate School of Library Science. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign., 1965)This report reviews Abbott Laboratories' Science Information Services past experiences in the use of data processing equipment for library procedures. In these operations there are three distinct areas where automation ...
(Graduate School of Library Science. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign., 1965)"The index to the Abraham Lincoln Papers is a direct result of Public Law 84-147, dated August 16, 1957, the object of which is to inspire informed patriotism, to provide greater security for the original manuscripts, and ...
(Graduate School of Library Science. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign., 1965)The scope of this bibliography has been limited to actual applications of data processing machines for the mechanization of library routines. General survey articles have been included only if they deal, wholly or in ...
(Graduate School of Library Science. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign., 1965)Inefficiencies in machine processing resulting from poor card design can be measured in milliseconds or microseconds per record. Even when dealing with large files, this will usually add up to no more than a few minutes ...
(Graduate School of Library Science. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign., 1965)