We are inviting IDEALS users, both people looking for materials in IDEALS and those who want to deposit their work, to give us feedback on improving this service through an interview. Participants will receive a $20 VISA gift card. Please sign up via webform.
No. 2: Winter, 1996
The Katharine Sharp Review Editorial Board - Issue No. 2 Winter 1996
- Kevin Ward, University of Illinois - Founding Editor
- Karen Ball, SUNY Albany
- Matthew Benzing, University of Tennessee
- Andreas Bjorklind, Linkoping University, Sweden
- Karla Block, College of St. Catherine
- Laurie Bonnice, University of South Florida
- Kathleen Brady, University of South Florida
- Hillary Byrn, Indiana University
- Natalie Cole, University of Sheffield, England
- Theresa Cuddy, Rutgers University
- Laurel Duda, University of Rhode Island
- Karen Evans, Indiana University
- Frank Exner, Little Bear, North Carolina Central University
- R. J. Eyres, Manchester Metropolitan University, England
- Carole Fabian, SUNY Buffalo
- Crystal Fulton, University of Western Ontario, Canada
- Sheri Garrou, University of Washington
- Brian Geiger, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- Robin Gibson, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Melissa Haraughty, University of North Texas
- Caroline Haythornthwaite, University of Toronto
- Kathi Herick, Kent State University
- Celestine Johnston, University of Central England
- Penelope Klein, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Susan Martin, Simmons College
- Elisa Miller, Drexel University
- Christy Oliver, Louisiana State University
- Donna Reed, Emporia State University/Oregon
- Pam Rino, San Jose State University
- Dora Rowe, Texas Women's University
- Gyneth Slygh, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- John Small, Northern Illinois University
- Judy Spak, Southern Connecticut State University
- Katarina Steinwachs, University of Wales, Aberystwyth
- Christian Sylvain, University of Western Ontario, Canada
- Kris Veldheer, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Scott Vine, Kent State University
- Frances Vitali, Emporia State University
- Jessamyn West, University of Washington
- Diane Worrell, Texas Women's University
(Graduate School of Library and Information Science. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign., 1996)This paper examines the impact of CD-ROM databases on end-user searching in libraries. It reviews several studies dealing with end-user response to CD-ROM database products and compares them with results of interviews with ...
(Graduate School of Library and Information Science. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign., 1996)During the 1980s, varied social forces converged, resulting in a devastating downward spiral of the economic capabilities of the middle and lower income classes. The aftermath of urban renewal, de-industrialization, ...
(Graduate School of Library and Information Science. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign., 1996)This paper is concerned with the development of information and communication technology (ICT) since the 1970s and its effect on the manufacturing transnational corporation (MTNC) in four key areas: management control, ...
The reference librarian has perhaps the toughest job in librarianship - staffing the information desk. He or she must provide information every day to a variety of patrons on countless subjects. In addition, there is no ...
Who should run the library? Who should run the zoo? Who should run the museum? Is an expert in each field needed to run the organization? No! Non-profit institutions need managers, not librarians, zoologists, or art ...