Welcome to IDEALS
IDEALS, the Illinois Digital Environment for Access to Learning and Scholarship, collects, disseminates, and provides persistent and reliable access to the research and scholarship of faculty, staff, and students at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Faculty, staff, and graduate students can deposit their research and scholarship—unpublished and, in many cases, published—directly into IDEALS. Departments can use IDEALS to distribute their working papers, technical reports, or other research material.
IDEALS also includes all electronic theses and dissertations deposited from Fall 2010 onward.
Contact us for more information.
(2020-11)This book highlights research enabled by the XSEDE project in 2020. The research published in this book works toward solving some of the greatest issues facing the world today.
(2020)Review of Manga from the Floating World: Comicbook Culture and the Kibyôshi of Edo Japan (2nd ed.) by Adam L. Kern.
The Indigenous Shôjo: Transmedia Representations of Ainu Femininity in Japan’s Samurai Spirits, 1993–2019 (2020)Little scholarly attention has been given to the visual representations of the Ainu people in popular culture, even though media images have a significant role in forging stereotypes of indigeneity. This article investigates ...
(2020)In this paper, I analyze the animated television series Puella Magi Madoka Magica based on a variety of literary critical methods: neo-noir criticism, feminist epistemology and studies of technoscience, and discussion of ...
Embedded Niche Overlap: A Media Industry History of Yaoi Anime’s American Distribution from 1996 to 2009 (2020)This article offers an industrial history of yaoi anime’s distribution in the United States by companies that acquired official distribution licenses. During the course of this history, the term “yaoi” was not always ...
Top Downloads this Month
- Successful resource sharing in academic and research libraries in Illinois: Lessons for developing countries [total: 25485]
- The Jesuits in North America [total: 2129]
- Boloscope Scans [total: 1771]
- Ethics and Professional Responsibility in Computing [total: 1080]
- Huffing and puffing about /f/-ing everything: language ideologies and phonological borrowing in South Korea [total: 920]
- Pollution Prevention for the Metal Finishing Industry : A Manual for Pollution Prevention Technical Assistance Providers [total: 753]
- The impacts of research on Philippine rice production [total: 715]
- iGo Green: A Life Cycle Assessment of Apple's iPhone [total: 641]
- The nature and functions of schemas [total: 627]
- Pollution Prevention in the Primary Metals Industry : A Manual for Pollution Prevention Technical Assistance Providers [total: 624]