Welcome to IDEALS
IDEALS, the Illinois Digital Environment for Access to Learning and Scholarship, collects, disseminates, and provides persistent and reliable access to the research and scholarship of faculty, staff, and students at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Faculty, staff, and graduate students can deposit their research and scholarship—unpublished and, in many cases, published—directly into IDEALS. Departments can use IDEALS to distribute their working papers, technical reports, or other research material.
IDEALS also includes all electronic theses and dissertations deposited from Fall 2010 onward.
Contact us for more information.
(Champaign, IL: Illinois State Geological Survey, 2001)
(2017-12)The ability to generate original music is a significant milestone for the application of artificial intelligence in creative fields. This paper explores two techniques for autonomous music composition: recurrent neural ...
(2017-08)Inferring the inverse dynamics of any arbitrary body layout with a minimal sensor array has been a long-standing challenge for biomechanicists and roboticists alike. In this work we present a nonspecialist-approachable ...
(School of Music, College of Fine and Applied Arts, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2018)This scholarly essay compares the violin concertos of György Ligeti (1990/1992) and Unsuk Chin (2001). The composers met as teacher and student at the Hochschule für Musik und Theater Hamburg in 1985. ...
The potential antioxidant and anticancer properties of polyamines and their response to high-intensity ultrasonication (2017-12-15)Polyamines are widespread in living cells and play several important roles in both plants and animals. The polyamines spermine, spermidine and putrescine have been of primary interest, as they participate in cell growth ...
Top Downloads this Month
- Successful resource sharing in academic and research libraries in Illinois: lessons for developing countries [total: 33512]
- Chronic student absenteeism: implications for school leaders [total: 1618]
- From love at first sight to soul mate: Romantic ideals in popular films and their association with young people's beliefs about relationships [total: 1076]
- Gender Differences in Leadership [total: 1034]
- Advanced sewing techniques / 1055 [total: 1008]
- Ethics and Professional Responsibility in Computing [total: 946]
- Research on teaching reading comprehension [total: 889]
- Heat Transfer in Refrigerator Condensers and Evaporators [total: 734]
- Analyses of differences between written and oral language [total: 722]
- Reading comprehension research : a selected review [total: 720]