Welcome to IDEALS
IDEALS, the Illinois Digital Environment for Access to Learning and Scholarship, collects, disseminates, and provides persistent and reliable access to the research and scholarship of faculty, staff, and students at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Faculty, staff, and graduate students can deposit their research and scholarship—unpublished and, in many cases, published—directly into IDEALS. Departments can use IDEALS to distribute their working papers, technical reports, or other research material.
IDEALS also includes all electronic theses and dissertations deposited from Fall 2010 onward.
Contact us for more information.
Exposure to a firefighting overhaul environment without respiratory protection increases immune dysregulation and lung disease risk (PLoS ONE, 2018-08-21)Firefighting activities appear to increase the risk of acute and chronic lung disease, including malignancy. While self-contained breathing apparatuses (SCBA) mitigate exposures to inhalable asphyxiates and carcinogens, ...
Thermal response to firefighting activities in residential structure fires: impact of job assignment and suppression tactic (Ergonomics, 2017-07-31)Firefighters’ thermal burden is generally attributed to high heat loads from the fire and metabolic heat generation, which may vary between job assignments and suppression tactic employed. Utilising a full-sized residential ...
Physiological response to firefighting activities of various work cycles using extended duration and prototype SCBA (Ergonomics, 2017-08-29)Firefighters’ self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) protects the respiratory system during firefighting but increases the physiological burden. Extended duration SCBA (>30 min) have increased air supply, potentially ...
(Fire Technology, 2017)Expedited evacuation of commercial and residential structures in the event of an emergency may be more difficult for persons with physical movement disorders. There is a need to better characterize the impact of such ...
Occupant Tenability in Single Family Homes: Part II: Impact of Door Control, Vertical Ventilation and Water Application (Fire Technology, 2017)This paper describes experimental investigations of fire service ventilation and suppression practices in full-scale residential structures, including a one-story, 112 m2, 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom house with 8 total rooms and ...
Top Downloads this Month
- Successful resource sharing in academic and research libraries in Illinois: lessons for developing countries [total: 11342]
- Boloscope Scans [total: 3338]
- From love at first sight to soul mate: Romantic ideals in popular films and their association with young people's beliefs about relationships [total: 764]
- Advanced sewing techniques / 1055 [total: 597]
- Proceedings of the Association for Library and Information Science Education Annual Conference: ALISE 2018 [total: 586]
- Library Trends 53 (4) Spring 2005: The Commercialized Web: Challenges for Libraries and Democracy [total: 555]
- Ethics and Professional Responsibility in Computing [total: 499]
- Gender Differences in Leadership [total: 422]
- Writing and reading: The transactional theory [total: 398]
- Smartphones in the U.S.: Market Analysis [total: 367]