A survey on management of personal health information from activity trackers
Feng, Yuayuan; Agosto, Denise E.
- A survey on management of personal health information from activity trackers
- Feng, Yuayuan
- Agosto, Denise E.
- Issue Date
- Personal health information management
- Mobile human-computer interaction
- Information behavior
- This paper examines how people manage activity tracker-generated personal health information. A pilot web survey study was conducted to understand healthy activity tracker users’ personal health information management (PHIM) practices and concerns of the new type of personal health information generated by activity trackers. Preliminary results from 55 responses are presented, showing that current activity trackers users tend to use their devices on a frequent and consistent basis, that they use a range of health/wellness applications and are often willing to try new ones, and that they have various PHIM concerns regarding needs, practices and obstacles. The findings suggest that future mobile and wearable technologies should allow for individualization and customization to support users’ diverse PHIM needs and specific health-related goals.
- Series/Report Name or Number
- iConference 2017 Proceedings
- Type of Resource
- Copyright and License Information
- Copyright 2017 Yuayuan Feng and Denise E. Agosto
Edit Collection Membership