Research Faculty Handbook
Center for Nanoscale Science and Technology
- Research Faculty Handbook
- Center for Nanoscale Science and Technology
- Issue Date
- Nanoscale Science
- Nanoscale Technology
- A collaborative scientific ecosystem at the nanoscale at the University of Illinois is a goal of the Center for Nanoscale Science and Technology, which continues to spearhead multidisciplinary efforts. Success is evident in the development of several multidisciplinary centers involving campus-wide faculty and integrating biology with engineering, materials science with medicine and agriculture, and molecular and cellular structures. More than 150 researchers and their collaborators are working to advance science at the nanoscale at Illinois—nano@Illinois. This Nano Faculty Handbook is a comprehensive representation of nano@Illinois, where wide-ranging research is resulting in new materials, devices, and ideas with applications in agriculture, electronics, energy, medicine, and other fields. Semiconductor research leading to transformational discoveries such as the light emitting diode, label-free detection, lab-on-chip technologies, tumor detection, advanced drug and gene delivery, and soybean rust spore detection are just a few examples of innovation at Illinois. While some have characterized our era as “medicine’s age of engineers,” we contend that “nanoscale collaboratory” is more apt. The Nano Faculty Handbook features more than 150 researchers working at the micro and nanoscale in the areas of bionanotechnology, computational and theoretical nanotechnology, nanoelectronics and nanophotonics, nanomaterials and nanomechanics, MEMS/NEMS, societal and ethical implications of nanotechnology, and assessment. It also shows that nano@illinois contributes to all major scientific disciplines across the campus, the state of Illinois, the nation, and even globally through scientific andi ndustrial partnerships and entrepreneurship. We invite you to explore the many ways that excellence, innovation, and leadership— hallmarks of the scientific enterprise at Illinois—are represented in the CNST Nano Faculty Handbook.
- Center for Nanoscale Science and Technology. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Type of Resource
- Copyright and License Information
- Copyright 2011 The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois
Edit Collection Membership