1973 Operational Report for METROMEX
Lowry, William P.
- 1973 Operational Report for METROMEX
- Lowry, William P.
- Issue Date
- acoustic sounders
- WHAT system
- During this summer, the participation of the University of Missouri at Rolla was added to that of the six groups present in earlier years. UMR instrumentation is described briefly as part of their report herein. In the summer of 1972, prearranged observational activities were conducted simultaneously and cooperatively by all participants on previously selected dates, called METRODATA Days. The types of observations depended upon the nature of the weather situation on that day. During the summer of 1973, the scheme was changed to one wherein prearranged, cooperative schedules of observations were followed on those dates, within a prescribed period, on which the weather situation was appropriate to the observations planned. This scheme for weather-determined dates resulted in selection of 6 and 10 August, 1973, as METRODATA Days. An attached Table lists these dates, along with others on which weather events presented opportunities which were taken and on which comparison flights involving pairs of aircraft were made. As noted previously, winter field programs involved Chicago's aircraft and the Water Survey's ground networks operating at roughly half the mid-summer density. In 1973, this winter program was between 6 March and 1 April.
- Illinois State Water Survey
- Series/Report Name or Number
- ISWS Contract Report CR 150
- Type of Resource
- Copyright and License Information
- Copyright ... University of Illinois Board of Trustees. All rights reserved. This document is a product of the Illinois State Water Survey, and has been selected and made available by the Illinois State Water Survey and the University Library, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. It is intended for research and educational use, and proper attribution is requested.
Contract Reports - Illinois State Water Survey PRIMARYReport series published by the Illinois State Water Survey from 1953 - date (ISSN 0733-3927)
Edit Collection Membership