@Archivist_Community: UCINET social network analysis and archivists on Twitter
Benoit, Edward; Stevenson, Jennifer Ann
- @Archivist_Community: UCINET social network analysis and archivists on Twitter
- Benoit, Edward; Stevenson, Jennifer Ann
- Date of Publication
- social network analysis
- social media
- This study measures the effects of Twitter usage among archivists in order to begin to identify and evaluate social media for future use for the archive community. The study analyzes the statistics to provide quantitative evidence of what is going on “behind the scenes,” and the correlation to the content of the tweets and the number of responses. Using social network analysis (SNA), a database was constructed to build the social network, nodes, ties, identify the relationships, create the measurements for the various weights connecting a number of different ties. UCINET software was used to conduct the social network analysis. The consideration of various weights and connections to a number of ties provides an insight into how the archival community uses Twitter.
- Series/Report Name or Number
- IConference 2016 Proceedings
- Type of Resource
- Identifiers: URI or URL
- Copyright and License Information
- Copyright 2016 is held by the authors. Copyright permissions, when appropriate, must be obtained directly from the authors.
Edit Collection Membership